Florida Keys, Key Largo FL
June 12-15, 2014: Key Largo offers so many great dive sites, everything from reefs to dramatic wrecks. There is something for divers of every skill level. Among its many sites:
- Molasses Reef, a maze of coral channels and underwater canyons.
- Wreck of the Benwood, sunk in 1942 after a collision. Its twisted hull is now an amazing fish habitat!
- Wreck of the USCG Cutter Duane, a 327 foot long Treasury Class Cutter.
- Wreck of the LSD Spiegel Grove, a massive navy transport ship.
- Minnow Caves, a shallow reef loaded with marine life.
Key Largo is a great value. The dive boat will pick you up just steps from your door for a day of fun on (and under) the waves. There are plenty of shallow reefs for an easy weekend of stress-free diving. This is a great trip for new divers and those working on PADI specialty dives.
Land lubbers can enjoy kayaking, nature walks or glass bottom boat tours available in John Pennekamp State Park. There is also a History of Diving Museum to enjoy.
Don’t let another diver claim your spot. Reserve now by calling us at (770)389-9949.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Want the comfort and convenience of a land-based resort.
- May be traveling with one or more non-divers.
- Are seeking to do more than just dive on your vacation.
- Are looking to complete your Open Water, Advanced or specialty certifications.
- Take photos or videos in calm, clear, tropical waters.
- Or Just BLOW SOME BUBBLES!!
When Does It Take Place?
Here is the schedule:
- All divers should plan their arrival to meet at the boat for a 1:00pm departure Thursday afternoon.
- Check in is available after 3:00pm on Thursday so you may not be able to get into your room until we return from diving.
- Have breakfast and be at the boat by 8:00am on Friday for the morning dive.
- If your diving Friday afternoon be at the boat by 1:00pm, if you were on the morning boat it’s best to have a sandwich waiting in your room or you can QUICKLY run to Wendy’s for lunch... you’ll have about 30 minutes.
- Have breakfast and be at the boat by 8:00am on Saturday for your last dive of the weekend.
- Saturday afternoon is on your own... great for relaxing by the pool, drying your dive gear, an afternoon of fishing or hobie-cattin, or cruise to Key West for sunset!
- Sunday is make your way home day or you can stay a few more days in Key Largo or explore more of the Keys.
How Much Does it Cost?
Pricing is as follows:
- $559 per diver, double occupancy (TDS Discount is $25).
- $298 for a private hotel room.
- $88 for extra 2-tank dive trip.
- $85 for 1 tank night dive trip.
Deposit and “balance due” requirements are:
- $150 non-refundable deposit due at sign up to hold your space.
- Balance is due 3 weeks before trip date.
- Deposits and final payments are non-refundable unless we can find someone to take your place.
We can customize a trip for you by adding or subtracting boat trips and/or Hotel nights. Non-diving friends and family are welcome! (Snorkelers/boat riders are charged $55 per trip.)
What Is and Is Not Included?
The trip price includes:
- 4 days/3 nights canal side hotel in Key Largo (double occupancy).
- 3-2 tank boat dives.
- Tanks, Weights, Air Fills.
- Breakfast Buffet Daily.
- All hotel taxes and service charges.
Extra dives and night dives are available
Travelers are responsible for:
- Equipment rental.
- Training fees.