Dive Alabama Quarry, Pelham AL
2016 Dates: June 18–19, July 16–17, August 20–21 and Oct 8–9 Dive Alabama quarry offers lots of training options and visibility of 20-30 feet in summer and 50+ feet in the fall. This is a perfect place to finish your open water dives or continue on with your scuba training. The amenities at Dive Alabama (formerly known as Blue Water Quarry) allow you to complete dives such as wreck, deep, night, buoyancy, navigation, and many more. Sign up today and KEEP THE ADVENTURE ALIVE!! What you'll see at the quarry:
- Plenty of friendly fish, both bream and catfish. Watch for bream beds full of shells and other decorations. (Some have even found lost items like sunglasses gracing these fishy nesting spots!)
- Various sunken cars & boats including two fire trucks and a school bus!
- Submerged concrete culverts large enough to swim through.
- Turtles and a few hard to find denizens such as freshwater eels and jellies.
This trip is over a weekend. Leave Saturday morning, dive the afternoon, spend Saturday night, dive Sunday and head home at your leisure. Accommodations are at a local "Sleep Inn" style hotel about 5 minutes from the quarry. The water temp varies depending on time of year and depth, expect thermoclines and be sure to bring your wet suit (hood & gloves for dives over 60 feet - it gets cold!!). There are several restaurant options at the hotel exit for dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday (continental breakfast is complimentary at the hotel).
Accommodations are at a local hotel and are based on double occupancy. The hotel is close to shopping areas, has a pool and cable television, and is only 5 miles from the quarry.
Don’t let another diver claim your spot. Reserve now by calling us at (770)389-9949.
Who is This Trip Ideal For?
This may be the perfect trip if you:
- Need to complete your Open Water Certification dives.
- Want to brush up on or maintain your skills – great for tune-up dives.
- Are seeking to complete some of your PADI Advanced or Sspecialty dives.
When Does It Take Place?
Here is the schedule:
- Tanks and rental equipment should be picked up by 6:30pm on the Friday evening before your trip at Wet Set Scuba.
- All divers meet at the Rock Quarry at 10:00am ATLANTA time on Saturday unless told otherwise by your instructor.
- All divers should meet at the Rock Quarry at 9:30am ALABAMA time on Sunday unless told otherwise by your instructor.
How Much Does it Cost?
Pricing is as follows:
- $189 pp / double occupancy (TDS Discount is $25).
- $68 additional for a private room.
Deposit and “balance due” requirements are:
- $100 due at sign up
- Balance is due 2 weeks before trip date.
- Deposits are non-refundable unless we can find someone to take your place.
What Is and Is Not Included?
The trip price includes:
- 2 Days Diving.
- Overnight accommodations / double occupancy.
- Tanks and air fills.
- Lunch on Saturday & Breakfast on Sunday
Travelers are responsible for:
- Equipment rental.
- Training fees.
- Transportation & other meals.