Search and Recovery Diver Course
Nearly every diver dreams of finding sunken treasure. Real treasure, however, is less likely to be gold doubloons and more likely to come in the form of lost wallets, golf balls or your aunt’s gold necklace that she carelessly let slip overboard.
Finding lost objects is harder than you may think, and may involve exposing yourself to risks and hazards unlike you find at most recreational dive sites. This is why specialized training is important.
Even if you never end up looking for a single lost object, the skills you will learn in the Search and Recovery Diver Course can help make you a better underwater navigator, a more careful observer of aquatic life and a more confident diver in less-than-ideal conditions.
Who Can Enroll? This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 15 years old.
- Certified to the Advanced Diver level or equivalent.
- Able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
- Although not required, it helps to have completed your navigation specialty.
What is involved? This course consists of:
- Self study with PADI Search & Recovery Diver Manual and completion of knowledge reviews.
- Classroom sessions are most often in the form of going over knowledge reviews & thorough briefings at the dive site or at the dive store just prior to your trip and a skills overview.
- There are 4 open water training dives required for certification.
Where and When?
Where and when do classes take place? Classes take place at the following places and times:
- Dives are offered at Lake Lanier or the Rock Quarry.
How much does it cost? The course fee is $175 per person and includes:
- Instructor briefings, Q & A session, and knowledge review discussions.
- 4 Open Water training dives.
- PADI certification w/ Card upon completion.
- We offer the Advanced and all Specialty dives on a “dive by dive” basis for $35.00 per dive on most any trip. You will need the PADI Manual for this course, available at Wet Set Scuba. Your PADI certification card is $35.00 once you complete all required dives and knowledge reviews.
As about our TDS Discount on Advanced and Specialty Dives.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- Cost of any dive travel.
- Diving fees.
- Equipment rentals, if needed.
- PADI Search & Recovery Diver Manual & Knowledge Reviews.
What equipment will you need? Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Dive Computer.
- U/W Compass.
- Audible surface signal (whistle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- Dive planner and slate.
All of these items are available at Wet Set Scuba for sale or rent.
Divers doing the Advanced & Specialty dives are encouraged to own their own Scuba System for safety and comfort – you’ll be a better diver in equipment you are familiar with!
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba in Stockbridge, GA to pick up your PADI Search & Recovery Diver Manual and discuss your diving options.