Boat Diver Course
The world’s best diving almost always takes place from boats. Boats can get you to reefs and wrecks that simply aren’t accessible from shore.
Not all divers, however, are fortunate enough to be able to do their Open Water certification dives from boats. Even those that do cannot learn everything there is to know about boat diving during two days of open-water training. On top of this, every dive boat uses slightly different procedures — and general boat diving procedures can vary greatly from one location to another.
This is why specialized training in boat diving procedures is so helpful. In not only covers the general boat diving procedures that are fairly universal, it also covers the differences you may find from one region to the next, and from one dive boat to another.
Boat Diver training can save you time, effort (and embarrassment). And the best part is, you get to go boat diving as part of the course.
Who Can Enroll? This course is open to divers who are:
- At least 12 years old.
- PADI Certified Junior Open Water Divers, Open Water Divers or equivalent.
- Able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
What is involved? This course consists of:
- Self study with PADI Boat Diver Manual or eLearning and completion of knowledge reviews.
- Classroom sessions are most often in the form of going over knowledge reviews & thorough briefings at the dive site or at the dive store just prior to your trip and a tour of the Dive Boat and its safety equipment.
- There are 2 open water training dives required for certification
Where and When?
Where and when do classes take place? We can complete your Boat Dives on any of our dive trips that includes diving from a boat:
- Key Largo, Florida
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Lake Lanier, Georgia as a Private Specialty
Starting dates include any of our of our next trips that include boat dives.
How much does it cost? The course fee is $99 per person and includes:
- Instructor briefings, Q & A session, and knowledge review discussions.
- 2 Boat training dives.
- PADI certification w/ Card upon completion.
- We offer the Advanced and all Specialty dives on a “dive by dive” basis for $35.00 per dive on most any trip. You will need the PADI Manual for this course, available at Wet Set Scuba. Your PADI certification card is $35.00 once you complete all required dives and knowledge reviews.
As about our TDS Discount on Advanced and Specialty Dives.
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below, plus:
- PADI Boat Diver Manual & Knowledge Reviews.
What equipment will you need? Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Mask, snorkel, fins and boots.
- Adequate exposure protection.
- One cylinder per dive, per day.
- Weight system, weights.
- Buoyancy Control Device (BC).
- Regulator/alternate air source.
- Dive Computer.
- U/W Compass
- Audible surface signal (whistle).
- Surface signal (safety tube).
- Cutting tool.
- Dive tables and slate.
All of these items are available at Wet Set Scuba for sale or rent.
Divers doing the Advanced & Specialty dives are encouraged to own their own Scuba System for safety and comfort – you’ll be a better diver in equipment you are familiar with!
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba in Stockbridge, GA to pick up your PADI Boat Diver Manual and discuss your diving options. You can also get going right now by clicking on the PADI e-Learning link and scheduling your dives on our next trip.