5104 N. Henry Blvd
Stockbridge, GA 30281
What Equipment Will You Need?
Diving is an equipment-intensive activity. This means that the quality of the equipment you use, and its suitability for specific diving activities has a tremendous bearing on your overall comfort, safety and enjoyment. Few things can ruin the investment you make in learning to dive safely than having the wrong equipment.
The good news is, we supply most of the equipment you need for your pool and open-water training dives, including BCD, Regulator System, Tanks and Weights. This is top quality equipment that we would not only be happy to use ourselves, but have our friends and loved ones use as well.
Required Equipment for All Course Activities
All equipment needed is included in our "All Inclusive" Learn to Scuba, Open Water Referral, and our Total Dive System packages. Other students in our beginning scuba courses are required to provide the following items:
- Scuba-quality Mask and snorkel.
- Open heel scuba fins and wetsuit boots.
- A 3mm wetsuit is recommended but not required.
These personal equipment items are ones for which comfort and fit are not only important, they’re critical. They are also items that, as a certified diver, dive operators expect you to own. In other words, you do not want to go anywhere as a diver without them.
It’s also important to understand that, to be suitable for scuba diving, masks, snorkels and fins must meet a very different set of requirements than they might for casual snorkeling. Therefore, it’s important you not purchase any equipment items without talking to us first. Equipment from most sporting goods stores, Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, or similar stores are not suitable for scuba diving and will not be allowed in the training program.
Required Equipment for Open Water Dives
All equipment needed is included in our "All Inclusive" Learn to Scuba and our Total Dive System packages. Other students must provide the following equipment for all open water training dives:
- Mask, snorkel, fins, boots & wetsuit
- BCD w/ low-pressure inflator and whistle*
- Regulator system with alternate-air-source and pressure gauge, computer, & compass.*
- Two full scuba cylinders.*
Items marked with an asterisk (*) are available for rental from Wet Set Scuba.
- Whether you supply your own equipment or rent from us, bear in mind that our insurance policy requires all life-support equipment used in training to have been inspected by us prior to your pool dives and/or Open Water dives.
- You should use the same BC and regulator system during open water training that you did in the pool (this is no time to be coping with unfamiliar equipment).