Introductory Scuba Dive
Okay, let’s say the idea of scuba diving intrigues you — but you’re not certain you want to commit to an entire certification course. No problem.
We have the perfect opportunity for you. It’s called an Introductory Scuba Dive.
If you have a swimsuit, a towel and a couple of hours free, you can find yourself:
- Swimming weightless under water, in the safe, shallow confines of our heated swimming pool.
- Playing football under water.
- Taking underwater photos of your friends and family members.
- Getting an introduction to some of the fundamental skills of scuba diving under the guidance and supervision of one of our experienced instructors.
A Discover Scuba party is also a great idea for:
- Family gatherings and private groups.
- Corporate meetings.
- Scout troops and other youth groups.
Who Can Participate? This program is open to anyone who:
- Is at least 12 years old.
- Is able to either answer No to all questions on the standard Medical History form included in the DSD form at the link below or secure a physician’s approval prior to the start of class.
Please download the DSD form here, fill it out except for the nine question quiz, and bring it with you.
What is involved? It’s really very simple. You spend a few minutes discussing some fundamental concepts with your instructor (easy enough for a twelve year old to understand), then hop in the pool, where the instructor will show you a few, easy-to-master skills. Then you are free to play, under instructor supervision, for the balance of the session. You will have approximately 20-30 minutes of scuba time.
Where and When?
Where and when does this program take place? Discover Scuba experiences take place at the Wet Set Scuba indoor heated pool.
Introductory Dives are offered as requested for your family or small group. They can be scheduled on some weekday mornings, Friday evenings, or Saturday afternoons as pool and instructor availability allows. The introductory Scuba experience takes about 1 - 1 1/2 hours or so - CALL to schedule your experience.
How much does it cost? The fee is $45 per person, minimum of 3 participants or $135 ($160 for a group of four) and includes:
- Slide show.
- Dive briefing.
- Use of all equipment needed.
Students are responsible for supplying:
- Swim suit.
How to Enroll
Get Started Now: The best way to get started is to either call or visit Wet Set Scuba.